Monday, 15 August 2016

White Flag -An old original

Sweet surrender so gratifying

Overwhelming love; so ecstatic so satisfying

Not a word on my lips yet You hear me the same

You know every thought, every sin... my shame.

I can feel You pulse in the midst of my marrow

Grace so powerful, it pierces through me with the point of an arrow

In Your jagged scars I find my salvation

Your unfathomable sovereignty fills my heart with inebriation

I'm overjoyed to awake and breath for You

My hunger for Your truth spills out from my brim

Feed me! Oh, Lord! Break me completely!

My soul screams to be ever closer, You defeat me!

Have Your way in me; come fuel my fire!

Heap my passion higher and higher!

Take my eyes. Lord, I give them to You.

Let me see no other Light except Yours, which is True. 

Compel me to Your will. Whisper me courage to seize it. 

Give me strength to show others the faith to believe it

How could I ignore what always was before?

You're everything, and everything so much more.

You're everything, and everything so much more.

Knees on floor, I surrender God forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment